DMCA Copyright Infringement Notification
What is DMCA Policy and How it must be used?
DMCA, otherwise known as Digital Millennium Copyright Act was passed in the year 1998 to protect the rights of copyright work i.e., no one except the creator or originator of work is legalized to modify, distribute or display the work without the permission granted by the copyright holder. Any such unauthorized usage of the copyrighted work is illegal under the judicial system. In various sub-clauses, The DMCA policy also specifies how copyright content can be used or distributed keeping the rights of the creator intact such as in section 512(c).
We don’t crack or hack any app officially, we take it from other sites, forums, We Don’t host any Android files on our servers, we only provide links reproduced from online forums or websites- to android games for EVALUATION, FEEDBACK, and PROMOTIONAL purposes for the developers.
How we comply
Basically, the application owner/developer holds all the rights for the trademarks, application names, logos and other images related to that particular application appearing on our website. We at Proapkbase.com assure every developer that we abide by DMCA policy and discourage any type of copyright infringement by altering the application code or any such malicious act.
If ever any such act of violation is found on our website or the owner who has the right to restrict us from using his/her property, we request them to act in good faith and bring to our notice any such copyright issue and we will immediately remove that content from our website.
In such cases, we will comply with the law and contact the owner to understand the exact legal issue arising so that it can be resolved at the earliest. Also, Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to take some legal advice to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with our rights and obligations under the DMCA, in particular, safe harbor provisions of 17 U.S.C. section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, Developers or the authorized agent can freely contact us or write to us on [email protected] that includes some substantial information as following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the developer or the person who has been authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right property that has been allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work / Application claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material or the exact usage that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Provide the App ID in the body of the email so that the identification process becomes easy.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A certified statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (Note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages caused financially and otherwise. This is to prevent those who impersonate their identity with that of the developer.